Manages the nutritional care of infant, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients through assessment of nutritional status, formulation, implementation and monitoring of care plans following appropriate policy/procedure. Utilizes unique knowledge of nutrition, interprets and communicates nutrition care principles to clients and patients. Collaborates with other professionals and personnel in the integration and delivery of care.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Interviews patients for nutritional assessment and creates goal directed nutritional plan of care.
- Coordinates plan of care with other members providing care to patient to provide team directed approach.
- Provides education appropriate to patient nutritional needs.
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
- Able to perform numerical calculations for nutritional values, enteral feedings, modified diets and parenteral nutrition, required.
- Knowledge of chemistry, caloric values, and physical properties of foods, as well as understanding the medical basis for dietetic restrictions, required.
- Able to communicate ideas and diet therapy instructions to patients and families, required.
- Valid CA drivers license required, Auto Insurance required (for Home Care position only).
- Registered Dietitian or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, required.
- BLS Required (for Home Care position only)
- CCS paneling for adolescents, pediatrics, and/or NICU required (or obtained within one year of hire) for dietitians providing cared for the CCS patient in the NICU or adolescent CCS patient. If not paneled, the dietitian providing this care must work under the supervision of a CCS paneled registered dietitian.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.