CORPORATE DIETIAN – Full time
Description - Perform or supervise others in providing a full range of professional dietetic services in program development and organization, food preparation and service, patient therapy and education. Clinical duties in medical nutrition and education.
Corporate oversight of menus and nutritional analysis to ensure corporate standards are maintained.
Responsibilities - Oversight and direction of clinical nutrition management and quality improvement.
· Provides patient screening and education as indicated by nutrition standards to determine the nutritional status of patient and develop plans accordingly. Develops, implements and monitors the nutrition care plan based on physician’s diet prescription and the Dietitian’s nutritional assessment of the patient.
· Participates in health teams – function as a member of the team, attending all meetings and works collaboratively with other team members in implementing participant education.
· Maintain and follow established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
· Assure food provided to patients is safe, appetizing and provides nutritional needs according to the Nutritional Board of National Research Council, National Academy of Science.
· Ensure therapeutic diets are served as ordered and prepared according to ADA standards.
· Provide dietary counseling and education to patients as part of the nutrition service and as ordered by physicians and according to ADA standards.
· Document relevant aspects of nutritional care for patients
· Supervise food service personnel
· Evaluate food service personnel work performance and make recommendations for personnel actions
· Provide appropriate food handling training (Safe Serve) to all food service employees
· Provide individual and group nutrition education and documentation.
· Oversight of all company menu – recipes to comply with regulatory requirements.
· Travel to contract sites to inspect and train on food storage, food safety and health department compliance.
· Provide monthly training materials and education to food service employees throughout the corporation. Participate in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops
· Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum of one (1) year of recent experience
Previous clinical nutrition practice experience
Completion of dietetic internship or practical experience.
Good Verbal and written communication skills and computer skills required – Computer, Fax and Telephone
Able to establish and maintain therapeutic relationship and to participate in a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary team
Able to work closely with physicians, nurses and other allied health personnel to integrate patients nutritional care into the total treatment program. Contributions include nutritional assessment of patients and development of nutritional care plans, nutrition interventions and individualized nutritional education.
Skill in developing nutritional plans
Able to step in and work directly with patients regarding all responsibilities.
Education/Work Requirements –
Bachelor’s degree from American Dietetic Association (ADA) accredited institution with a major in Dietetics or Nutrition and completion of nutrition in a dietetic internship or practical experience as a student dietitian.
Master’s Degree or five years of supervisory experience in nutritional services
Registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration, the credentialing brand of the American Dietetic Association (ADA).
CA valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Proof of current vehicle insurance.
Physical clearance for reaching, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling and grasping. Have full range of motion, ability to lift 50 lbs. T.B. clearance, must maintain current First Aid and CPR.
(714) 694-2831 - Office